Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Let's try this again


I have been shite at this trying to keep up with the writing stuff, but I'll give it a try again for shits and giggles. Maybe it is the approach of trying to write too much. We'll try a shorter version.

To start with for today, I am going to publish the updated list of stuff growing in my new garden, which I have dubbed, in honor of a great bartender and friend who we all tragically lost this year, "Gregor's Garden". Here's what's growing now:

Gregor’s Garden
(photo above is from 8/3/09)
As of August 19th, 2009

Sweet basil
African blue basil
Thai basil
Lemon Basil
Basil Mint
Kentucky General Mint
Apple Mint
Spearmint
Texas Tarragon
Greek Mountain Oregano
Chives
Lemon verbena
Provence Lavender
Goodwin Creek Lavender
Tuscan Rosemary
Kits Pink Rosemary
Thyme
English Thyme
Thyme (with yellowish leaves – type unknown)
Sage
Pineapple Sage
Early Girl Tomatoes
Pink Brandywine Tomatoes
Tomatillo
Red Bell Pepper
Bolivian Rainbow Chiles
Rhubarb
An unknown chile
Sorel
Mixed lettuces
Espadin agave
Wormwood
Rose Geranium
Syrah grape
Granache Blanc grape
Grenache Noir grape
Vermentino Grape
Eureka Lemon tree
Kumquat Tree
Meyer Lemon tree
Blueberry bushes

Special thanks to Marko for the Wormwood and Rose Geranium from the Charbay compound and to my lovely girlfriend Angie for tolerating me turning my convertible into a pickup on our trip to Napa. I plan to add more plants soon and am learning on a regular basis about light, water, bugs, growing seasons and more. The idea is to be chock full of stuff I can use in cocktails at Elixir. Fun stuff, tiring and expensive. Hopefully some of you will reap the benefits soon!

No comments: