Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back in the saddle

Well, I haven't written in a long time and it's about time I took a new approach. Rather than babble on, I'm going to attempt to get short entries in here about the things I'm doing. I'm simply too busy to do more, which I guess is a good thing.

Recent happenings:
- I had a great third seminar in my series with Western Athletic Clubs. To see the rest of the schedule for the year and sign up for a class, check out my Cocktail Ambassadors site. You can see a great review of this class on Jimmy Patrick's blog, Mixographer.com- Thanks to Simon Difford for stopping by this weekend for a cocktail at Elixir. I hope you enjoyed it.
- San Francisco Cocktail Week planning is a bit behind schedule but will be getting updated this weekend. All events are on and we apologize for delays in getting info out.
- Next week starts Elixir's Latin Spirits Series for our Cocktail Club. Thanks to all who made the Whisk(e)y Series great over the last 4 months.
- Green and Tonic are hosting our third event to green another bar in the San Francisco. Wednesday, April 30th will be the fundraiser for Casanove Lounge on Valencia Street in the Mission. (The website is not updated with that info.)
- I recently spent a great week of powder days in Vail with my college buddies Joe and Chris, but it all started with three days of mixology fun with many bartender friends, old and new, from around the country for the Grand Marnier Mixology Summit. You can read about it here on Jonathan Pogash's blog(and see a photo of me and Jim Meehan from NYC's PDT).
And lastly, some of the Green Bar press I've been getting and have coming up:

Thanks to Paul Clarke for connecting me with Anita. She attended one of my recent seminars and visited Elixir and wrote this great piece: And thanks again Paul, for this piece.

I will be on NPR tomorrow talking about green bars. It should be posted here by late afternoon:

And I will be on a Restaurants and Institutions Webinar on May 7th, 10am Central: We just recorded it yesterday and will be live for Q&A that day. You can register for it here.

And look out for some serious work from Jenny Adams in July’s Bar and Nightclub Magazine, just in time for the seminar.

No comments: